Wilhelm Automotive prides itself on being able to provide the best customer service and the highest quality service work available anywhere. We are committed to honesty and integrity in all of its business dealings – with employees, vendors and customers alike.
The General Service Technician is responsible for conducting non-technical automotive service repairs such as oil changes, tire and wheel related services as well as driving customers, picking up parts, and maintaining the cleanliness of the shop as needed.
COMPENSATION: $14-$20/Hr depending on experience
Tool and Boot Program – Tools and boots are yours to keep contingent upon obtaining 1 year of continuous employment.
- Competitive Bi-Weekly Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement, up to $3,000 annually
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Effective 1st of the Month after Hire)
- Life Insurance (Company paid)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Discounted Services on Personal and Immediate Family Vehicles
- Opportunity for Advancement!!!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs tire mounting/dismounting, wheel balance and tire rotation.
- Performs oil changes and other basic services at the direction of the Shop Manager or Store Manager.
- While performing basic services, observes general vehicle condition and points out any obvious needed repairs or safety concerns to the Shop Manager or Store Manager. Utilizes the company’s Multi-point Inspection and/or Repair Order to properly document the vehicle condition.
- Maintains cleanliness of the shop to include the service area, tire racks, showroom and outside the building to maintain a clean and inviting appearance.
- Safely transports customers to and from their place of residence or business using the company vehicle.
- Picks up parts, supplies, tires, etc. from vendors and/or the corporate office using the company vehicle.
- Operates company vehicle in a safe and courteous manner obeying all traffic laws.
- Conducts State Safety and Emission Inspections on vehicles in an ethical manner following all company and state guidelines.
- Follows all safety procedures and reports any concerns to the Shop Manager or Store Manager.
The General Service Technician should also adhere to all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid, clean driver’s license, or obtain a valid drivers license within 30 days of hire date
- Possess current or expired State Inspector License or ability to obtain a State Inspector License within 30 days of hire date
- Possesses a general understanding of under the hood, mechanical and under carriage assemblies
- Ability to work a minimum of five days per week, including weekends
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
The General Service Technician will be exposed to moderate to loud noises, dust, exhaust fumes, lubricants, petroleum products, vapors, caustic materials and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials. The temperature in the work environment varies and could include extreme heat and/or extreme cold depending on the ambient temperatures outside.
The General Service Technician must be able to meet the following physical requirements:
- Stand up to eight hours per day in the shop and able to walk to gain access to various areas of the building
- Bend, stoop, kneel and crouch regularly throughout the day; must have full range of motion with arms and hands and be able to feel, handle or finger objects frequently
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds regularly, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Hear and speak
- Vision sufficient to detect color, depth, and re-focus
Sun Auto Tire & Service provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.